Uncovering Differences Between Odoo and ERPNext
Assuming that you are running or managing a business in this regard and looking for ways to optimize your resources, you may have come across two open-source ERP programs named Odoo and ERPNext.
Common features of Odoo and ERPNext
Users can use a consolidated dashboard to manage accounting, onboarding, payroll, production, sales, procurement, and CRM operations using these two ERP platforms, which are among the best ERP software on the market.
Also, managers and team members can use it to organize projects, keep track of tasks, generate estimated deadlines, store documents, and engage with team members in real-time.
Odoo vs. ERPNext: What does Odoo do better?
Odoo Business Solutions is utilized by a wide range of users, from one to 300 thousand. As your business grows, it extends and evolves with you, ensuring that you don’t get trapped in the process.
Over 5 million global users and a world-renowned reference client list including Toyota, Hyundai, Danone and many more, Odoo is a preferred business partner for multinationals.
Odoo’s applications encompass Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Marketing, Accounting, HR, and integrated CRM modules, making it ideal for managing businesses of all sizes, from small to large, from a single dashboard. And Odoo ERP stands out with its intuitive user experience and Omni-direction approach for managing all business assets in one go.
While ERPNext has a growing user community, it has been stated to have more than 5,000 enterprise-level clients.
According to G2 evaluations, a well-known software tool comparison website, reviewers believe Odoo ERP satisfies their business needs better than ERPNext. When it came to ongoing product support, reviewers decided that Odoo ERP was the best option.
What aspects does ERPNext fall short?
- The major negative difference between Odoo and ERPNext is the complicated interface and technical knowledge requirement when using the latter.
- Furthermore, ERPNext allows for less integration than Odoo, which allows for broader integrations.
- Odoo has freight carrier integration, while ERPNext does not have this feature yet.
- Also, compared to Odoo, ERPNext’s support community is smaller, and since they are open-source software, community matters are strengthened here for updates, developments, and problem-solving.
- Additionally, ERPNext’s supporting features are confined to web-based, cloud, Windows, and Mac, whereas Odoo has Android and iPhone/iPad integration in addition to the ones listed for the former.
- CRM dashboard and pipeline management can be visualized in Odoo with metrics, while the ERPNext interface is more similar to task apps like Trello.
Odoo Point of Sale Dashboard comes in handy in terms of adding products with images, stock details, and price
And additionally, you can create your website within Odoo too and choose a dynamic theme to match your requirements with state of the art website builder.
Odoo pricing begins at $20.00 per month per user. You can go for a free plan with limited features too. Odoo provides a free trial for 15 days. Odoo has options for monthly and annual payments, while for ERPNext, it is only annual payments.
More features do not necessarily mean the app is getting better, and it is about finding the best ERP software, depending on your needs. However, as your company expands, your needs may alter, so you will want to choose an ERP system to scale to meet those changes. It could indicate that the system includes extra modules or only supports plugins and updates maybe.
The ERP process becomes more sophisticated when your needs become more sophisticated, yet Odoo makes it more user-friendly with a basic, almost minimalist interface. The user experience is similar to Google Drive in terms of showing what you need. So, why not give it a try and see what happens next.